The British Dental Association Good Practice scheme is a quality assurance programme that allows its members to communicate to patients an ongoing commitment to working to standards of good practice on professional and legal responsibilities.
Being a member of the Scheme, Pontefract Dental Care show a total commitment to providing high quality dental care to nationally recognised best practice standards.
- We are committed to keeping up to date with and providing quality dental care to nationally agreed standards of good practice in order to provide the best care for you – our patients.
- Our practice is committed to supporting patients towards achieving and maintaining good oral health
- We involve our patients in all aspects of their care and ensure that their needs and preferences are considered and that they can take informed decisions
- We ensure a safe environment by undertaking risk assessments and managing potential hazards within the practice. We follow current guidelines for preventing cross-infection
- We recruit staff that are competent to undertake the duties associated with their role and provide training where required.
- We encourage on-going professional development for all members of our team
- We monitor the quality of the service we provide and seek the views of our patients to identify opportunities for improvement.
As scheme members we undertake to: